Sleeve for CO2 tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmangini19

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm finishing up my kegerator and I'm working on placement for my CO2 tank. I am completely redoing the inside of my fridge with new automotive paint and I would like to have a rubber sleeve to put on my CO2 tank to prevent it from scratching the bottom of the fridge.

Does anyone know of a cheap sleeve or a DIY resolution?

Are you able to paint CO2 tanks? I thought about just spraying with Plasti dip but wasn't sure if you are allowed to paint the tanks.

I have two 5lb tanks that I plan on rotating and keeping a fresh tank on hand at all times so I would need a sleeve I can take off or I need to paint both.

Thanks for the help and input!

Wouldn't recommend doing too much to your tank, a lot of places just swap out tanks as opposed to actually refilling them. Make sure you find out what the policy is everywhere you may take your tank to get refilled before customizing your tank itself. A possible sleeve solution is the PVC pipe sleeve like in this trash can jockey box thread: Post #24. You could then paint the PVC but not your tank, attach the PVC where every works best for you and you could even notch the top for your regulator.

Ok, you won't find these in a museum or anything, but they're functional and built quickly out of scrap pine.
if you're not bound to put the tank inside the kegerator, that is...

tank_nest.jpg

tank_nest_jr.jpg

The tops and false bottoms have the same diameter hole(s) cut into them, then I slapped on solid bottoms.
So the cylinders nest without wobble.

I used an adjustable flying cutting bit chucked into my drill press.
It's a wicked beast of a circle cutter that demands respect but it works a treat.

One of these days I'll slap some Appliance White on them...

Cheers!

Back