Skeeter Pee question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capnken

Reaction score
I was preparing to bottle a batch of Pee today and realized I didnt add the 3rd bottle of realemon at the time i added the nutrient and energizer. the FG was .960 when I stabilized it and add the sparklloid. I sampled it when I racked it to secondary and it actually tasted great. ( it had one bottle Realemon and one bottle Realime).
My question is can the other bottle be added now?
Not sure I even need it based on the way it tasted when I sampled it. To me the original recipe is too sweet and a little over powering with the lemon flavoring.

If it's stabilized you can add more to it. You're basically back-lemoning. :) There's no danger of restarting fermentation since you're not adding sugar, and there's no danger of killing off yeast since they're all knocked out anyway. Just take it easy so you don't over-lemon it.

If it's stabilized you can add more to it. You're basically back-lemoning. :) There's no danger of restarting fermentation since you're not adding sugar, and there's no danger of killing off yeast since they're all knocked out anyway. Just take it easy so you don't over-lemon it.
Thank you Silver.
I went ahead without the additional lemon and I reduced the amount of sugar for back sweetening to 3.25 cups. I like the result. It tastes alot more like wine and not as much like a strong lemon drink.

I made a batch of watermelon SP ("Melones Gigantes") and only used 2 bottles of the ReaLemon in an effort to not overwhelm the watermelon flavor. It turned out quite good, and got better with age, and i would probably make it the same way again if i were to repeat the watermelon recipe or some other mild flavor.

Back