size of Polysulfone quick connects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcticBear

Reaction score
Quick question for anyone who may be in the know...

I just scored a handful of Polysulfone quick disconnects that were used in a glycol chiller situation (they were originally used on a mammography machine to keep the X-ray tube cool)

I would like to use the quick disconnects with my current therminator, instead of buying 2 pairs and spending $40 on two sets of connectors.

I pulled the old glycol hoses off the connectors tonight to clean them and noticed the size of the barb is about 3/16" I have high temp hose that would accomodate these and may only have to replace my connections for the other side (the connector that locks into the kettle ball valve)

am i going to run into any issues using this diameter hose for my plate chiller (other than it maybe draining too slow... not sure how long it would take to drain 5+ gallons through a 3/16" size hose)

i wonder if anyone has had any experience with this and may be able to shed some wisdom on this...

3/16" ID? Really? No chance you meant 3/8" ID?

No way would I use 3/16" ID tubing or fittings anywhere on a brew system (my pumps would be understandably pissed off in short order!)

I wouldn't use 3/8" ID either (all my fittings are for 1/2" ID silicone) but at least that would be near the ball park...

Cheers!

i just broke out the tape measure, OD of the barb is 1/4"... it is way small, i'm not using any pumps, everything is gravity fed

pumps may be next on the list of brew gear

Back