Sip of Sunshine Breakfast IPA recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jturman35

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys I was looking to brew a toned down version of Lawson’s Sip of Sunshine. Anyone have thoughts on what I did here? I basically took the clone cut the percentages down to get the beer around 5.2% abv. I’m really not sure about the amount of hops though. With his beer being quite a bit smaller in abv I’m not sure how much to tone down the hops? Any suggestions? Below is what I came up with for a breakfast easy crushable version of this fantastic beer.

Thoughts?

IMG_5668.JPG

My advice would be to match up the bitterness ratio from the original recipe by adjusting hops quantity. Just to the right of the color "slider" in the screenshot above.

---edit----

Looks like the bitterness ratio on the original is 1.25ish.

But, how that I looked at some clone recipes, I'm realizing you are trying to take an IIPA to nearly a session IPA. This will no doubt be tricky. Maybe you should try to clone a session IPA that you like.

Last edited:
Back