Single Tier Strut Question after build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druna974

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've built a custom sized stand from Strut (from http://www.strutchannelfittings.com) and it looked ready for business.

During my first boil, the struts started to separate from the structure; they end bent out increasingly as time and heat was increased, to the point I was concerened that the strut might become displaced and the pot would be at peril of falling into the burner. Any ideas or thoughts on the issue?

Thanks,
Drew

IMG_20150905_135623.jpg

IMG_20150907_120226.jpg

IMG_20150907_120234.jpg

are these bolted tight?
might want to use nylock nuts or something or tighten the living hell out of them to keep them from wanting to seperate from the heat cycles. red threadlocker is a permanent solution :)

i used what Tom sent me, which was the THK-233, but it wasn't galvanized. But I'm thinking that the ones I got are not what has been used before. I am checking with him.

I was able to do a full burn this weekend and while it moved out a good degree, it finally did stop moving further.

Check the squareness of the cut on the top of the vertical section. I found that a slight out of square condition led to shifting into a stable position, not where I wanted it. Making a couple of slight depressions in the vertical member with an angle grinder will provide a good locating position for the horizontal piece.

Latest posts

Back