Simple Drip Tray for front kegerator ($9)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJoeBrew

Reaction score
I have never posted photos on HBT, so apologies for any issues. I was scouring this board for ideas on a simple, but mostly made drip tray. This one I made using a magnetic tool organizer 12"x4" from Harbor Freight ($8 using 20%off coupon) and a heat vent I cut down that I got from Habitat Restore ($1). Common heat vents come in 12"x4" sizes, but couldn't find one I liked yet. Let me know what you think!

Drip Tray 1.JPG

Drip Tray 2.JPG

Drip Tray 3.JPG

Drip Tray 4.JPG

The tool holders on the sides could hold custom bottle openers with an attached shaft, like the shaft of a screw driver.

I was thinking about the exact same thing, but was worried about how strong the magnets are. Can you put two full pints on the drip tray without it falling or sliding down the fridge?

It works. Not sure how long I would leave them there. Only two of the four magnets are in contact, but my fridge is slightly curved. On a flat surface it would be really really solid.

image.jpg

Great minds think alike - got mine at menards
You can see where I cut my vent cover along the back to fit in the holder

image.jpeg

Yep, going to get this done this week. I've been looking for a cheap DIY drip tray and this will work great. I did notice that a package of earth magnets at harbor freight is like $3-$4 so I might glue some on the tray just for extra support. Probably not needed but a cheap way of keeping it from falling off.

Back