Simple 2 tier setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blagoe

Reaction score
IMG_0011.JPG

Took a AG class last week at my local brewpub. They used quick connects to attach the pump directly to each pot. No giant stand and complex plumbing required. Oh and quarter barrels make good step stools.

The great thing about home brewing is that you can make your setup as simple or a complex as you like. You can make a stainless steel stand with all welded tri-clover plumbing or you can make your setup out of some old pony kegs and use silicone tubing and inexpensive quick disconnects. Neither setup is wrong as long as the person using it is happy with their brewery and can make good beer with it.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer in anything worth doing is worth doing to excess. I've been extract brewing for about 2 years now, and have been lurking the forums for quite some time. This was the first time I had seen this configuration, thought it was wonderful in it's simplicity.

I actually just finished gathering all of my equipment to do my first AG batch today, probably start in a few hours. Big thanks to everyone on the forums for all the great information, pretty much any question you can think of has been asked several times.

Latest posts

Back