Silicone tube pricing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smittygouv30

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been looking around at the different websites for the best price for silicone tubing. Boy they don't give that stuff away! So my question is where is the best place to get this stuff? Is it ok to get the thinner wall tube or is it imperative to get the 1/2" id 3/4" od?

For the record I'm preparing to construct an e-herms with 2 pumps. Im looking for about 25'. I found it for 1.99 a foot at stainlessbrewing.com but shipping was 19$ so it negates the "bargain".

Thanks,

Corey

If you have time, hold off and keep your eyes open. I bought 100' of 1/2" ID on an ebay special deal a year or two ago for $40 and free shipping.

Just did a search on eBay for silicone tubing (without quotes). Uh... Interesting results. Guess I should refine that search.

I tried... Best I saw was 10' for $30... Better off going with other sources. Especially since that was 10' sections. So, if you need a 12' run, or enough that you cannot use what's left form 10' sections, your wasting money.

Too bad I have over 20' of the tubing in reserve. :D I always make sure I have enough tubing, for the different things that use it, to replace at least half of my entire setup. IMO/IME, better to have extra and not need it than discover you need it and don't have it. Especially over a weekend after the LHBS is closed for the day. Or on Sunday night, when they won't open again until Tuesday. :eek:

Thanks. Yea it looks like morebeer.com will win this battle. If you order 30 feet of it or more it is free shipping too. Really the only place I saw that had better pricing was Stainlessbrewing.com and like I said earlier the costly shipping negates the benefits. I also found on GreatBrewEh.com they have 1.69 a foot but it is the thinner walled tubing and once again shipping was 14$.

For 30' of 1/2" ID 3/4" OD:
More beer-$63 shipped
StainlessBrewing- $81.48 shipped
GreatBrewEh- 69.70 shipped

Thanks for the help.
Corey

Back