Sourcing 1" FDA Rated Thermoplastic / Santoprene Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cogswell

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced source for 1" ID Natural Santoprene 73A FDA Tubing in rolls of 50 feet or less? USPlastic.com is the only source I have so far. They sell the 1/8" wall version for $4 a foot including shipping. That's nearing silicone prices. Isn't thermoplastic supposed to be the budget option for high temperature food grade tubing?

To head off questions about actually needing 1" ID, the tubing is for a CIP system with flow rates that suffer significant pressure loss through even short lengths of 1/2 ID tubing, at least according to various online engineering calculators. I'm no mechanical engineer...

I could bump down to 3/4 ID with the penalty of moderate pressure loss but the price difference between 3/4 and 1" isn't large enough to downsize.

I won't balk at pointers to cheap 1" ID reinforced silicone tubing. I know cheap is a relative term when talking about reinforced food grade silicone tubing.

Back