Side-by-side fridge tap qty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ddubduder

Reaction score
I'm looking into beginning a side-by-side conversion but I wanted to pick people's brains before I get too far along.

Has anyone been able to fit four cornies and four taps on the freezer side of a side by side? I'd really like to move away from my keezer (tired of picking up kegs and cleaning is a pain) but I have a four tap system and really would rather not waste a tap or two on a system I can't fit them all in.

Also having one unit for serve/ferment is a big win on the space required side too.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Yes that's possible. You have to make sure you get a big enough fridge though. You will also probably have to take all of the plastic off of the inside of the freezer door. The taps would probably be pretty close together but doable. If you had short tap handles you could probably get away with some sort of an over-under config including drip trays if you wanted to get creative.

20150219_105620.jpg

20150219_105729.jpg

Thanks for the reply Cas, that's what I was thinking too, not a straight line of taps but more of a staggered two rows of two. Maybe even have the two outside taps slightly angled out so that the handles aren't hitting each other. I was planning on shaving off the door compartments already so that's not a problem. I'll probably keep the fridge side door shelves to store bottles in but see no use for the freezer side...plus they will get in the way.

Back