Kegerator build: need help deciding how many taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Veddy nice!

Is there any need/desire to for seltzer water? Not certain how to tie that into water dispenser, but a thought?

Otherwise, like the idea of covering with a tap list of for no other reason to clean it up a bit.
That’s a great idea but I’d have to plumb a line to the fridge. We bought that used from a friend to replace our other fridge but it didn’t fit upstairs so it’s been sitting downstairs. I have used it as a ferment chamber and more so to store my kegs and serving with a picnic tap. I wish the taps weren’t as high for aesthetics but that’s where they felt more natural for pouring.

Maybe if I put some kind of background between the taps and the future drip tray. Or I’m overthinking it. Here are the innards

B8DA1F9F-6965-4CA0-8E4B-C2E9CF04BFE9.jpeg
87A603F5-0B72-4B0B-9574-AC4597EC8E9D.jpeg

If you ended up going with four, you could just do a triangle pattern with one at top. Or if you decide to do 4 now, do a diamond pattern. Spacing could be even with either to fill that need to confine to a defined shape.

Having said that, I have a 4 tap kegerator and have only once had all 4 operating and I think that was only for a few days. I utilize the space to accommodate 4 kegs more often than the 4 taps, but it is nice having that option.

I've had 4 beers on tap for almost 2 weeks now! Longest period of time for sure. One of my kegs is close to kicking..figure over Thanksgiving weekend it will definitely disappear as it is my Dad's fave so far. I've got a 1.5G full of ginger beer for the kiddos, but...def not interested in hooking up such a small quantity to the kegerator..picnic tap for that one!

Latest posts

Back