Show us your cider in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottlebomber said:
Nothing's coming up. Link?

I'm doing this on an iPad so it's a little clunky trying to post a link. It is in the cider forum though, just look for the title. Sorry!

ForumRunner_20121020_222049.jpg

this is the non-alcoholic sparkling batch i made. so delicious

ForumRunner_20121020_222110.png

this is my perry after 1st racking.

ForumRunner_20121020_222300.jpg

this is asian pear mead in the front, blackberry cider in the tall bucket and apple honey in the other carboy. short buckets are conchord wine.

2 week old still cider on tasting. Made 3 gallons. Racked one on cinnamon and vanilla bean. Racked one onto cloves and nutmeg. Drank last gallon XD it was too good.

ForumRunner_20121021_011244.jpg

My first this fall. After racking and now clearing. Pomegranate Apple on the left.

image-3356604142.jpg

Nothing fancy my second batch. Apple Juice 4 lbs of brown sugar and a trappist white labs yeast. Started on 10/4/2012. O.G. 1.070. racked on 10/16 Gravity 1.000.Going to rerack once everything settles.

20121019_163231.jpg

This was my first attempt at cider. It still hasn't carbonated all the way (I hope), but it has been a little cool, so I'll just have to wait.

Still, its pretty tasty, and *really* clear.

photohsv.jpg

ThorGodOfThunder said:
This was my first attempt at cider. It still hasn't carbonated all the way (I hope), but it has been a little cool, so I'll just have to wait.

Still, its pretty tasty, and *really* clear.

What did you do with that?

ThorGodOfThunder said:
What do you mean?

I drank it. If thats what you are thinking. Got a nice buzz off of 16oz.

I mean what was your recipe, process etc. It's clear that you planned to drink it :drunk:

Lol.

It was pretty basic. 3 gallons of fresh, unpasteurized cider; k-meta (i make a lot of wine, everything gets sulfite); and EC-1118 yeast.

I sulfited the day the cider was pressed and got a yeast starter going with a little honey and water. Pitched the yeast the next day, and moved the carboy out to my porch to keep it cool. It was foaming over from the fermentation being too aggressive so I had to keep it slightly chilled.

Two weeks in the primary, two in secondary, and 3 weeks in bottles. It was a really basic process. I did backsweeten a little with Stevia, just enough to take the tartness out.

I kept the bottles in my basement and I think it was a little too cool to carbonate completely yet. I moved them into my closet for now.

I have a 5-gal batch of the same stuff going that I'm plan on force carbonating. It will be a little sweeter and I'll probably backsweeten with brown sugar to give it a neater color.

I have no means of measuring it other than taste, and it isn't too bad. I don't mind a little higher acidity in something fruity, but its fairly balanced.

photobucket-21090-1351600498802.jpg

Front carboy apfelwein bulked from batch started on 12/11/11 (gonna bottle into 1 gal jugs this week)

Back carboy apple cider started yesterday 10/29/12 this one will get bottle carbed.

A trial, don't know how it will go but the OG was pretty high (on account of all that extra sugar!!!) so might have to wait a bit to find out...

Apple Mango Banana Cider

Pitched 02/11/2012.

4.8L Berri Apple & Pear
19.2 L Berri Apple Mango Banana
1 kg dark brown sugar
1 kg Brew Enhancer 2
3 tsp Yeast Nutrient
OG - 1085

Rehydrated Nottingham Yeast.

Crazy bubble action after 18 hours...

http://youtu.be/ZlFFlRJYBjA [ATTACH=full]82185[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]82186[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 950
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 963
bottlebomber said:
Really cool looking fermenter

Its what they had at the brew shop, didn't know any different til I saw pics of everyone elses demijohns! Does the trick and easy to see whats going on inside.

Racking day. Pom-apple & Apple-cinn in the background. Just apple and Cran-apple up front. Gotta start 10 more gallons next week.

image-3850918928.jpg

from left to right:
asian pear mead
apple honey cider
apple blackberry cider
conchord wine
cabernet savignon.

recently bottled my perry. it finished much faster than the others

White grape peach batch for January party. Starting another Upstate Makes Apple Pie cider tonight.

20121106_071253.jpg

Cider47.jpg

Carbing up some kegs for a friend's wedding. Fermenting ciders from October pressing (Stayman, Empire, Winesap) on left. Crashed and clearing ciders from September pressing (mostly Cortland, Empire, Jonathon) on right

1 gallon of Carmel Apple Cider, 5 gallons of Welch's White Grape wine, and 5 gallons of Edwort's Apfelwein about 2-3 weeks after starting.

IMG_0797.jpg

My first and second batch of "Apple Jack", concentrated hard apple cider. I didn't get a reading off my first batch, but my second batch was around 25%

P111012_20.57.jpg

20121109_151220.jpg

I cracked the 2nd to last bottle of my 2011 cuvee-de-pomme yesterday (with 1118 yeast). After 2 years it has a nice mellow apple smell and is quite dry. It's as good as it has ever been.

I've pressed 21 gallons so far this year but this is the first to make it to the fermenter. It has an OG of 1.060! I am following the caramel apple cider recipe for this batch, but don't have to add any dextrose.

Here are sone pics from our test press. 75% yield by weight. Just rananother 320lbs of macs, corts, crabs, and some wilds. 6g in primary straight, 3g with cinnamon, cloves, vanilla bean, & orange peel. Holiday special.

ForumRunner_20131017_212417.jpg

ForumRunner_20131017_212438.jpg

ForumRunner_20131017_212503.jpg

ForumRunner_20131017_212522.jpg

ForumRunner_20131017_212545.jpg

2saints said:
Here are sone pics from our test press. 75% yield by weight. Just rananother 320lbs of macs, corts, crabs, and some wilds. 6g in primary straight, 3g with cinnamon, cloves, vanilla bean, & orange peel. Holiday special.
Damn, you had to buy apples, with stickers on them even? Did you just chip em up with the stickers?

Back