Show us your cider in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first drinkable cider (so swimbo proclaimed) 57170722_2282761735078073_608965709044645888_n.jpg 56985380_2282761771744736_5275859224209915904_n.jpg
And since it is yeast urine.....

I need a little bit of cider to top off a cyser that's in secondary. So I picked up a 1/2 gallon of the same orchard cider that I used in the cyser and pitched a full pack of S-04 with some pectic enzyme and Fermaid-K nutrient. Room temp in my kitchen, probably 68-70° F. Damm... I've never seen such a fast ferment before. Pitched the yeast Monday morning and by Wednesday the bubbles had stopped. Krausen up in the airlock even though I held back some juice for the space. Look at how much lees has fallen - I guess a full pack of yeast for 1/2 gallon mighta been a bit of overkill...

half gal cider.JPG

First batch. Bottled Monday. These are non-carbed. Rest I carbed up. Looks yummy. I wanna try it now. :)

upload pic

Nice. I know what the bottle on the left came from, I have 5 of those. What is the one on the right from?
When did you pitch this? I find mine are drinkable at 2 1/2 months, better at 3. None have gotten older than that so far....

Bottles came FREE from a local recycling depot that, up until recently has supplied me with any flip top (Grolsch mainly) bottles they came across. The odd tall bottle comes in like those pictured. The 360 is some kind of Vodka. I thinbk the other was a soda. Apparently, my source is not able to recycle flip tops, is what I was told. I had collected nearly 80 grolsch bottles from them over a month or two.

Lately, the supply has dried up, as I think they might believe I am simply reselling the things on eBay. Things are tight in my local economy. If someone thinks you are making an quick buck, at their expense, then the good times come to an end. Either that, or people stopped drinking Grolsch.

I pitched this cider about a month ago (have to check the date). I cold crashed for about 2-3 weeks. Still cloudy, but it was basically yellow when I pitched.

No way I am going to let it sit aroud for over 2-3 or more months, despite posts on here telling me I should - and any good intentions I pretend to have. My plan is to crack a few early June. Take my chances. I am hardly a cider aficionado, so I likely won't know the difference. If its tart and/or dry, with a little sour kick, I think I'll be happy. Good chance some of my 18 liters will be around come July and August (Maybe!)

Little disappointed I could not find concentrate to carb with. None available in these parts.

Last edited:
The other, not the 360, is an Italian style soda available at aldi, and maybe other places, that comes in plain and pink lemonade as well as pomagranite lemonade. Pretty tasty actually.

My Cinful Pirate! Some of my plain D47 cider with a 4oz tincture of Captain Morgan's & 3 cinnamon sticks. ABV 8%

0508191811a.jpeg

The other, not the 360, is an Italian style soda available at aldi, and maybe other places, that comes in plain and pink lemonade as well as pomagranite lemonade. Pretty tasty actually.
When you said Aldi, I thought that was a UK store. We don't have it here. Then I see your pinellas county thing. Man, we spent our last 6 vacays in Indian Rocks Beach. My kids love Busch Gardens and IRB.

When your next one? Maybe we can meet up.

Some one in your area sells it. Check any "no frills" groceries in your area. The kind of place that makes you bring your own bags.

5 gallon batch 50% Burgundy, 30% Newtown Pippin, 20% Paula Red. Hand picked and self pressed. Juicing can suck but having control over the blend is everything. Fermenting at around ~60 right now.

View attachment 75863
Looks a lot like one of my set ups for temp control. Sucks when someone wants to take a bath tho, gotta empty everthing out, and fill it up again!

IMG_2699.JPG

This is this year’s wild ferment. One week in a bucket and one week in a carboy. At 1.002 and going into the old bourbon barrel for a year. I’m amazed how good, how much apple flavor and how “sweet” it tastes for being sooo young and dry!

8% medium cider. Very dangerous.. tasty, but dangerous.

Attachments

• received_523685815136242.jpeg
    received_523685815136242.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 37
My very first glass of my very first batch. This is maybe three weeks and three days after pitching yeast. 3 qt Walmart Juice, EC-1118, 1c regular sugar. Started in Aug so the carb only took about 48 hours. This glass still needed to 'settle' a bit in the fridge, but hey, I was anxious!
IMG_20190908_201108.jpg

We need to figure out how to do a cider exchange or gathering for folks here.

7days bottle carbing my D47....8.1% FG 1.02 post cold crash.

Cheers 2 all [emoji111]
1031191811.jpeg

Naturally fermented hard cider from my tree. I just juiced the apples, poured them into a fermentation vessel, and walla! Super yum...we'll see how it ferments in the bottle now once I get off my lazy butt and actually bottle it.
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191025150119783_COVER.jpg

Store bought juice mixed with store bought black cherry juice...black cherry hard cider
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191107135105776_COVER.jpg

Eleven days carbing my latest. Almost a gallon same juice same amt sugar, but S-04 this time. Stopped around 1.02. The gauge I got the idea from Maylar. I tried one last Sunday when at 15 psi, plastic bottle hard, carbonation not so much. This picture was taken at 6am this morning. Probably going to fridge tonight when I get home or around 25+ a little psi.
IMG_20191107_061655.jpg

Last edited:
Back