Show us your Bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKuhns

Everything learned in Kindergarten still applies!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Built this "Piano" bar a few years back out af an 1896 upright Grand Piano. (Kids grew up and moved out, the bride and i dont play and i couldnt give it away.)

20211224_125424(1).jpg
20211224_125356.jpg

That’s pretty cool. There aren’t many uses for old pianos. And not much demand, either. I’ve got an 1897 Wurlitzer player piano, that came out of my parents’ house, taking up space in a storage unit. I can’t even give it away. It weighs about 1000 lbs. There is a lot of cast iron in the construction, to give it lots of volume and sustain. It would make a cool bar but I really have no place to put it. Plus, we already have 50+ years worth of accumulated stuff and are trying to downsize.

Yours looks really good. Well done.

Thanks @grampamark , yep did weigh about 800 pounds took 6 young adults to get it in the basement when we got it. Also took 4 of us to lug the harp to the curb after i gutted it. Had to weigh over half of that. (Local scrap iron guy was pretty happy with it.)

Back