Show me your brew room computer setup!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamorgan3777

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am building a dedicated brewing space and want to see what others have come up with for good ways to have a computer in the room. Do you run a laptop or tablet? Do you have a fancy 4 panel display megasystem? Is it fixed or mobile, standing or sitting? Looking for ideas.

Thanks!

p864406997-3.jpg

Currently I have a 60" tv and a 24" monitor that I have connected to an old desktop PC. I use a Logitech keyboard with the track pad built in to adjust my brewery while at the brew rig or on the couch.

I want to mount the tv and monitor on wall in the future. I also think it would be nice to have a mounted keyboard holder on the wall to adjust my BCS controlled setup while standing next to my brew rig.

I don't use one when brewing, no need, but if I did, it would be an iMac mounted on the wall .
(and then AirPlay it to the 60 inch screen via an AppleTV ) :)

I've got mine mounted on the wall with an articulating mount (here). I can move it out or swivel it if I'm sitting on any side of the brewery. I then just mounted a simple shelf I stained to hold my keyboard and mouse. Works good, and I think it looks clean.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I needed mobility in my current space so put everything on a heavy duty rack system from Costco. The panel is mounted on this. I wanted something with 4 points on contact on the rack for stability and the arms on the mount itself made it easy for bolting to panel. The monitor is a 22" touchscreen mounted with an HP quick release so that I can easily take it outside for brew day. Monitor has an Intel Compute Stick plugged in for Win 10 and touchscreen for the BCS-462. Most likely going to migrate over to BrunDog's BruContol software as it looks very cool so far.

brewrig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
these are poor pics and old before I changed the Gui, but you can sort of see I have the 2 control boxes mounted on the wall using bru control and the pc is under the touchscreen interface which doubles as my everything brewery pc... there is an hdmi cable running to a tv on the opposite wall if I want to blow up my beersmith or watch some kodi tv while brewing..

I bought the monitor/keyboard mount from ebay new for $30 and use a small swivel tv mount to mount it all and swivel out of the way when needed.

The control box on the left no longer uses st1000 units for fermenter control.. I use a second arduinio and brucontrol now which allows me to see graphs showing me whats going on.

definitely not a glamorous setup but very functional.

IMG_20170305_100034050.jpg

IMG_20170305_100048102.jpg

I have a 20" computer monitor mounted on an extendable arm above my control panel. From there I have a cord that runs to my laptop that I keep on the work bunch near brewing equipment.

comp.jpg

brewery-68365.jpg

I have a Hosehead BC5 running Craftbeerpi 3. I can't say enough good things about this combo, the BC5 is the size of a large book, and I've never had a problem with it. I mounted a dual monitor stand to the corner of a wood top rolling toolbox. If I BIAB single vessel I the whole brewery fits on the toolchest. I have plenty of space to keep all my fittings, valves, and other equipment.

Maybe you're not a messy as I am, but that's my second keyboard, I went and found one that claims to be washable when it gets too dirty, like when you open the dump valve on a pressurized fermenter and spray slurry all over the place. ;)

This hobby brings joy and it's not like any of us just dropped 1000's in one night. My system is a work in progress and has been since I started brewing. I'm always looking for new things I can do. This is all about making better beer. So you can "boil water and barley" and dump it into a carboy if that's what works for you. I prefer to make good clear beer and try new methods like step mashing and whirlpools which isn't possible without custom kettles and pumps. It no more expensive then anything else. You can spend 300 bucks and be happy as a pig in shi*t and never spend a dollar more doing extracts. For most of us that's not the case.

So so true! Mine too is a work in progress. Started off in '86 with two countertop washing machine kettles (6+gallons each) which were probably $8 and $11. Then went out and blew about $25 on the copper for the counterflow, wow, chilling from a boil to 65F in 30min!! The stove , which was a barter/trade for fertilizing my friends' yard in '91 or '92, made the perfect two tier set-up. I too have been able to make some awesome beers as time has progressed and have been thinking about adding a pump . . . for the last 20+ years. I'm really happy with the quality of the beers so that's still up in the air. In the end, I guess it's all what you want out of it that drives your inputs? Hoppy Trails~

ps: I just use a slotted spoon when doing whirlpools, the hop character has been unbelievable since I've been doing that!!

brewery .jpg

Guys honestly nobody forced or asked you to come here and troll.. Its pretty simple really, If this thread is not your thing then dont post in it...
Its about pictures brew room computer setups not opinions why they aren't needed or how one can make great beer with antique equipment. I could go on posting pictures of the computers in pretty much every actual brewery Ive toured but that fact that they have earned their place wouldn't matter to those that chose not to see beyond what they have experience with.
I use beersmith and for that alone I find it useful to have one in the brew room... getting it to accomplish other brewing related **** was just a bonus. opinions about this are about as meaningful as a thread thread about the best beer.. Everyones expectations and wants are different there are folks here actually trying to replicate BUD LIGHT for Christs sake..

Guys honestly nobody forced or asked you to come here and troll.. Its pretty simple really, If this thread is not your thing then dont post in it...
Its about pictures brew room computer setups not opinions why they aren't needed or how one can make great beer with antique equipment. I could go on posting pictures of the computers in pretty much every actual brewery Ive toured but that fact that they have earned their place wouldn't matter to those that chose not to see beyond what they have experience with.
I use beersmith and for that alone I find it useful to have one in the brew room... getting it to accomplish other brewing related **** was just a bonus. opinions about this are about as meaningful as a thread thread about the best beer.. Everyones expectations and wants are different there are folks here actually trying to replicate BUD LIGHT for Christs sake..

I agree. I bit and fell into the "trolls" trap. Haha yeah you sir are 100% correct. I use BeerSmith as well which is also why I have my tablet on my brew table.

Just asking, to what end have you integrated the use of the microphone?

I am guessing that has something to do with his YouTube channel. I am hoping to get something set up in my brewing area soon, but for now I use BeerSmith on a computer no where near my brewing equipment. Some of you guys have some incredible set-ups!

I am guessing that has something to do with his YouTube channel. I am hoping to get something set up in my brewing area soon, but for now I use BeerSmith on a computer no where near my brewing equipment. Some of you guys have some incredible set-ups!

Yup! That's right. Use it during livestream and video recording in the brewhouse.

Back