Show me how you lock your taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJoeBrew

Reaction score
Post a pic of how you currently lock your taps. I have front taps and a curious little one. I might just invest in the locks, but looking for DIY or other commercial remedies.

Thanks

I'm curious about this as well. The baby is talk enough now to reach up and touch the bottom of the taps, it's only a matter time before he's tall enough to pull the levers.

When the grand-genius is over, (yes.. that's grandpa talking), I simply pull the ball locks off the kegs. The disconnect seals the line so there's no contamination.

Worlds-Best-Father-2013-Calendar-by-Dave-Engledow-0.jpg

Well..... There are worse things than having the kiddies find the taps.....

I asked this question recently.. in the end, I've just taken off my handles. I don't think the kids will be able to work the tap until they're plenty old enough for me to explain to them why they shouldn't.

Can't send a pix of my lock, basically got a divorce, kids all grew up and moved away, my taps are at my bachelor farm-ette and if anyone comes around when I'm not there, they're in for a dose of .308 or .45 ACP. :cask:

It is just ridiculous that the lock costs more than the tap...

Agree. I wish someone made a tail piece that was a ball lock disconnect. If I wanted to take them off I could pull them right off the tail piece and lock the freezer. Much easier to access the tail piece than the keg with an upright freezer.

Back