show me ba-by

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey, im livin in columbia missourah and am fairly new to brewing. This forum is amazing and I already appreciate the help Ive gotten in the last few hours. I have had hundreds of questions but have not always been able to find answers to them. not anymore. thanks guys.

oh also, anyone brew kombucha? It tastes great, is real easy and totally worth it :rockin:

Welcome to Home Brew Talk!

I lived in Columbia for almost 15years and go back once or twice a month.

What are you doing for supplies? I know buying them at Cool Stuff is way, way over priced!

Are you doing extract or all grain? Once you hit all grain (if you aren't already there) you might want to bring a couple bottles of your home brew to one of the brewers down at Flat Branch and see if you can purchase your bulk grain from them.

Again welcome to HBT and happy brewing!

YO YO DAN MAN!!!!!!!
hahaha good deal-- you be findin the spot. looks like brewin updates can be done a lot easier over this thing now, eh?
way too stoked--- although yep, looks like the kombucha might not have much of a handhold in here....
go all grain and don't forgit to come on and SHOW ME BAYYYYYYYYYYYY-BE!!!!!!
:tank:

My mother had a Kombucha culture going at one time. This was several years ago and I never tried it.

Welcome to the forum!
And welcome to your buddy, ol noodler as well.

harv, im just starting up new brewing in columbia. i have been trying to find local stuff but as you said cool stuff is all i have found. i was thinking about tring to get my grains from flat branch anyway but yeah, bring them some brew would be a great idea. thanks, what did you do for grains in como?

topia, thanks for the welcome. if you like tea and vinegary products then you should definatly try the kom-kom. it is simple and worth it. noodler has a giant scoby. you can get them off the internet but i got mine from a friend.

I went to ministerial school just down I-70 from you, near Lee's Summit. used to drive through there on the way back home to Michigan. Welcome to the best homebrew board on the web.

I once tried to make a small hand drum out of 2 dry kombuchas, if that counts for anything... Damn stuff is almost as hard as rawhide drumskins.

Back