Should I worry about yeast temp if close

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 337266

Reaction score
I used the Omega Yeast Hefeweizen yeast OYL-021 and it says the temp range is 64-75 degrees. I pitched it and its fermenting in my basement and just checked the temp and its 62 degrees and active. Should I try to get the temp up on it or am I worrying too much?

You're worrying too much. However lower temps tend to promote clove phenolics with heffewizen yeasts, higher temps tend to swing toward banana. If you have a preference for banana you may want to adjust the temp.

Just curious... The temp of what is 62? Temp of your basement or your beer? If ambient temp the beer is probably 5° or more higher as active yeast brings up the temp.

You're worrying too much. However lower temps tend to promote clove phenolics with heffewizen yeasts, higher temps tend to swing toward banana. If you have a preference for banana you may want to adjust the temp.

Just curious... The temp of what is 62? Temp of your basement or your beer? If ambient temp the beer is probably 5° or more higher as active yeast brings up the temp.
I used a laser pointer temp gun on the side of fermenter. I know an actual gauge in or on side would be more accurate.

Latest posts

Back