Shirron Ventmatic Faucet replacement parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustin_J

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but does anybody know where I might find replacements parts for the original Shirron made Ventmatic faucets? I have a few that, after 8 years of non use, should have new seals, nylons washers, etc., and I can't find a supplier for the life of me.

Thanks!

I can't remember which generation the Shirron VentMatics were, but you might send the folks at chicompany.net an email and see if they might have some parts for it...

Cheers!

Dustin J, did you ever score the seals you were after? I also have Ventmatic faucets and would like to at least put some spare seals on the shelf.

Thanks!

Dustin J, did you ever score the seals you were after? I also have Ventmatic faucets and would like to at least put some spare seals on the shelf.

Thanks!

Well, kind of. I contacted the guy at Kegworld.com who seems to know a lot about these, but he didn't have anything for the original Ventmatics. He gave me the contact email for the original inventor and suggested I ask him, but he never replied to my email.

For the time being, I was able to clean up the old stuff and do some replace some of the parts with stuff from Williams. In particular, the following seem to work fine with my faucets:
- https://www.williamsbrewing.com/FAUCET-LEVER-NYLON-BALL-WASHER-P1505.aspx
- https://www.williamsbrewing.com/FAUCET-HEAD-GASKET-P489.aspx

I didn't really try anything else - the old stuff is still working ok.

Reviving this thread, because I just lost a friction "ball" washer when cleaning my Ventmatics... I tried to replace it with a ball washer from a standard "non-forward sealing" faucet and it doesn't fit right. The washers in the Ventmatics are thinner and the standard doesn't seat right. I was wondering if anyone has had luck using Perlick replacement parts like these. It's been too long since I've brewed but I have a batch in the keg and I'm looking forward to getting another faucet flowing soon!

Reviving this thread, because I just lost a friction "ball" washer when cleaning my Ventmatics... I tried to replace it with a ball washer from a standard "non-forward sealing" faucet and it doesn't fit right. The washers in the Ventmatics are thinner and the standard doesn't seat right. I was wondering if anyone has had luck using Perlick replacement parts like these. It's been too long since I've brewed but I have a batch in the keg and I'm looking forward to getting another faucet flowing soon!

beergynt,

See if this link takes you to a thread I had from last year. Maybe I covered what you are after.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/vent-matic-seals-gaskets.637940/

Hope it helps.

Pete

Decided to buy an SS Intertap faucet I found on eBay, as it was only a few more dollars (shipped) than the replacement Perlick friction ring at CHI.... And.... Almost immediately found the missing Ventmatic friction ring when cleaning around my keezer!! Well, at least I have a back up plan. (Or perhaps I should just add a tap.)

Decided to buy an SS Intertap faucet I found on eBay, as it was only a few more dollars (shipped) than the replacement Perlick friction ring at CHI.... And.... Almost immediately found the missing Ventmatic friction ring when cleaning around my keezer!! Well, at least I have a back up plan. (Or perhaps I should just add a tap.)

I ended up replacing mine with Intertaps too, the makeshift replacement parts started to leak a bit and it just wasn't worth fussing with anymore. Too bad, the Shirrons were great faucets.

Latest posts

Back