Shipping box for 15.5 keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nate456789

Reaction score
Any one know of a cheap source for a box to ship a 15.5 sankey keg?
Hardware store maybe?
I have ever shipped one before.
Thanks

Its cheaper to ship it in a box, most carriers charge extra if it's not boxed. Look for a Uline store in your area, they usually have 24x18x18 boxes in stock for around $2.50 and they can get you 24x16x16 boxes if you order 10 or more.

How do you plan on shipping it. Rather then putting it in a box you can just wrap the outside on cardboard and put cardboard at the ends. Then ship. Cause at some point you get charge by the dimensions as opposed to weight.

Ship it US Parcel Post, I have found that this is the cheapest I have found but you need to package it properly or they'll hit you with a "special handling fee".

rtrevino said:
Ship it US Parcel Post, I have found that this is the cheapest I have found but you need to package it properly or they'll hit you with a "special handling fee".

It looks like FedEx is cheaper. But I am not sure.
Unless there are some hidden fees that I don't know about yet.

FedEx is probably going to be your cheapest option. The post office is having to jack up their prices cause of all the issues they are having

Back