Sharing Your Pairing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two of my very favorite things to make Picadillo & pickled beets. Red wine vinegar ties the dishes together, so a supporting beer w/ tart character is needed, Saison is a no brainer. Lots of brine, spice & sweetness present in the food. I went w/ HF Anna, but any saison will work. Recipes in food pron.
zfTCDUH.jpg

wFXkZg4.jpg

White wine braised chicken thighs w/parsnips, beets & green salad. Tons of earthy rustic flavors here, so paired w/ good old American IPA.

In this case Boneyard RPM. The piney hop flavors & the parsnips were particularly hhhnnggg.
ucTzIYo.jpg

HF Fancy BA Maple Syrup pancakes
Cantillon Classic Guezmosas (lots of pulp)
and french press coffee from El Salvador for my birthday weekend breakfast

10336654_509917162470781_4692380480581794870_n.jpg

I am so happy guezemosas are becoming a thing.
People thought I was crazy.
So good!

I did not take enough pictures of the awesome food we made at our Whalez Slaying tasting yesterday, but they were some of the best food parings I have ever been a part of making for sure!

05D2BEFB-4A99-4A53-9C30-45BF57C2B052_zpsyncpw9cg.jpg

We made Liege Belgian Waffles to pair with our old Belgian bottles, 1970's Belle Vue, 1996 Cantillon Gueuze, Brabantiae.
We also made Frites and Mussels! SOOOO GOOD!

Quite possibly the best pairing I've ever come across. Ubriaco cheese washed in Prosecco and this Prairie Cherry Funk.

10351530_10100384395845025_2978339573712527356_n.jpg

I forgot about this thread...

I cooked a roast pork shoulder last night and it's hard to have pork shoulder without kriek so I opened a Cantillon.

Protip for pairing sour beer with any gravy: put some balsamic or white vinegar in with the gravy. About a tablespoon mixed through. It'll help tie everything together.

If you are pairing with saison, up your fragrant herb game with tarragon/thyme/sage game by chopping some fresh stuff and stirring through at the end.

I figure one of the best threads on BA should be reborn here, especially given how much discussion we have about food and food pr0n pics.

Since I work pretty late twice a week, I've started getting into the habit of making slow cooker meals in the morning to be consumed when I got home. Here's my recipe for something I call "Southwestern Rice Medley":

1 cup rice (I like brown or wild, but white would work too)
1/2 cup dried beans (rehydrated at least one day before; I use a mix of black, and garbanzo beans)
1 can diced tomatoes (save the liquid)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small package frozen corn
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp Mexican seasoning (or similar)
2 cups liquid (tomato can juice and water)

Combine olive oil, rice, beans, tomatoes, garlic powder, Mexican seasoning, and liquid in a crock pot, and cook on low. At least 30 minutes before eating, mix in the corn.

Tonight I decided to spice things up a bit, so I topped it with a poached egg and shredded cheese, melted it in the oven under the broiler, and finished it with pinneaple habanero salsa. Since this was a nice spicy meal, I paired it with a double IPA which I find to complement southwestern style food well.

Went from trying to recreate Mexican...

Nice thread bump, here's a good pairing I just had: Taco Bell Crunchwrap sliders with a Heady Topper.

HAwxugo.jpg

...to completely not giving a ****.

Heady thrives throughout.

Sorry, no pics. Use your imagination.

For Chile Verde: a delicious stout. Preferably Black Tuesday.

Spaghetti Bolegnese with beef/pork meatballs: A good bracing DIPA, maybe double dorado or Lagunitas Sucks.

For dank dankness: A good gueuze. Hanssens seems to be the most available lately.

For LARPing: Gotta team it with something both handy and evocative of the milieu. Those shelf turd GoT branded beers pair nicely with robes and wizard hats.

Posted this in the DDT 7-3
Shrimp boil:
Shrimp, Sausage, Potato, Corn, onions, celery, lemon, and limes. Then my mother in law made homemade cheddar Bay biscuits.

Gueuze was a great pairing.
N2zTfOH.jpg

TM4sVZk.jpg

Back