Shameless Plug for Son's New Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppysailor

Reaction score
My son is recently out of the army where he was a bomb squad guy disarming bombs at home and away. He and a couple of bomb squad friends are starting a nano brewery in Hayden Idaho. He's got an interesting story and has gotten a lot of good local press. If you're interested in learning more about what he's got going on you can check out the tv news spot and his kickstarter page.

Ron

Thank him for serving!

Actually looks like a pretty good idea, and a decent starting line up for their tap room.

in before the lock....

As an aside, their KS page is long on bomb clearing, short on brewing. Is the idea that I'd give money because they were in the military?

in before the lock....

As an aside, their KS page is long on bomb clearing, short on brewing. Is the idea that I'd give money because they were in the military?

You're probably right that the emphasis should be more on the beer and less on the bombs. I had that same thought on the name of the brewery, "Mad Bomber". I was worried that with all the "bad things" going on in the world that this would get the brewery off to a bad start. So far, I've been proven wrong, and the name and the military story has gotten them some good free press. Anyway, I'm proud of them (and the countless others) for their service and also for taking a giant gamble and starting a business. I know it causes him a lot of heart ache to ask for money. When he shared that with me I told him not to worry about it but instead to help others financially when the day comes that he can. He already had that in his plans.

Latest posts

Back