Sh#t

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banjopicker16

Reaction score
Ive just tapped my corney keg full of pale ale, which I dry hopped in secondary before kegging (with pellet). Well, as I go for my beer, nothing comes out. Its carbonated, pressurized, and nothing. So, I unscrew the in-line, and take it off, and a bunch of hops are spilling out (along with a lot of beer) :( :( :( . This has never happened before, and it was clear when I racked. It just sucks. Anyone have any comments?

Yes, the beer pluged that up. When I unscrewed the out valve, it just leaked a clump of hops. It hasnt stopped it up lately, but Im drinking one hoppy beer (there are hops all up in my beer.)

i would say not to move your keg now, and let the hops all settle to the bottom. maybe your next pint will have hop bits in it, but after that, it should run clear. if you ever move the keg though, you will probably have to do this again. also, if you ever take the liquid QD off, check to see if there is any hop debri creating a leak there.

No chance that liquid/gas posts are mistaken?

Light pressure on liquid side to unclog.

Rack into another corny.

I had the same thing happen on the first IPA that I kegged which had been dryhopped. I since have taken to racking to a third carboy for a day or so to let more of the crap settle out before kegging.

2nd Street Brewery said:
I had the same thing happen on the first IPA that I kegged which had been dryhopped. I since have taken to racking to a third carboy for a day or so to let more of the crap settle out before kegging.

Good idea. Yet another thing to do, but Im sure its worth not losing 2 or 3 quarts of beer fixing my problem :(

Back