Sewage in kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, how does it end for me. And again I get shucked back into this thread because people are saying things and misrepresenting me in a public forum. Fine, I bite. Yes I guess if I was a programmer and thinking about camel cases then maybe I would have done better but my lifelong joke Is Mell Weird I just typed ismellweird then everyone sits there all day thinking of ways it can be twisted into an insult, and oh boy didn't you find a convenient one didn't you. I could sit here all day thinking of insults and I could call you all alcoholics. Oh right it's just a hobby you don't have a problem, you just make gallons of beer constantly. I see some of you -- 3 or 4 beers fermenting at once, that's hundreds of beer! Well it's not my hobby or my condition but it will be my business. And I'd appreciate if you minded my own business now. Goodbye.

HOLY S**T! This is what you get trying so help a fella out?!? I was helpful and sympathetic to you at first, but now you just start flinging insults. I think you should take a hundred yard dash in a ninety yard room.

I come back because I want to be part of this community and having received all of this great brewing equipment it's a bit like christmas morning and so i find myself checking these forums and reading and trying to learn as much as I can, as quickly as I can. I'm in an area of the country where I don't have many resources or people to talk to on this problem. I see your point about my kettle but I probably will not think about the issue every time I use my kettle. I've probably experienced worse problems, my home has been under construction for quite some time and I can say it's been a while since things were shiny and new maybe like you're used to living in. I believe brewing is a rich man's hobby. And I can't just make a brewery appear out of thin air. It will take a lot of planning and hard work and calling in favors. I'm happy to see I think we've repaired this thread and I have no hard feelings. I woke up this morning and when I re-read my email lashing out and calling you all alcoholics comma I was disappointed in myself but as you all say comma maybe it's ok that we push each other around a bit comma if we're going to be a team. And as this journey continues I hope you are all on my team with Mell's Weird. As for my cupcake stout, the fermentation appears to have slowed just about to a stop. I move on now to the next steps. Wish me luck on my first steps of this long journey.

Coming back shows character, and clearly you can take some ribbing as well as dish it back out. All good, and I for one will always lend a helping hand if one is needed and I can knowledgeably weigh in as a resource. I don't speak for other HBT members, but this is a very solid community, and I would expect these good folks will stand by you when help is needed.

Hey Google. Hey Google. Distance to Bismark. Close. Close this. Hey Google where is Bismark. OK Google distance to Bismark submit.

Mell, good to hear you gave this forum another shot. Like Morrey said, most of this forum (myself included) like to help as much as possible wherever possible. I for one, had hundreds of questions when I first started brewing. And I still do have questions from time to time and this forum is a great resource. We're all just here because of a hobby and we like to have fun. Sometimes it comes in the way of poking fun, which might require a thick skin, but if you can get past it, then you'll be for the better. FWIW, I think a cupcake stout kind of sounds fun. If you can get past the oils in the cakes and make a good beer, then why not?

Also, on a non-sewage-kettle suggestion... I might suggest ditching the voice to text thing on your phone. Cuzzzz we dont know the distance to Bismark :D

I think this thread has run its course and broken down to insults when I need real help. Thanks to the ones that offered me real advice and not just caking fun of every comment. If I have real questions further I will ask in a different part of this forum where hopefully helpful people are waiting. Goodbye.

Don't you mean "cupcaking" ?

...I have put serious thought into how some of the replies on this thread could affect a future brewery plan that I have as these posts are public. But know that the brewery won't be using this pot, tank or pump....
Much better business model.

...And as this journey continues I hope you are all on my team with Mell's Weird....
Much better name, IMHO.

Hey Google. Hey Google. Distance to Bismark. Close. Close this. Hey Google where is Bismark. OK Google distance to Bismark submit.
I think you could avoid lots of trouble in your future if you avoid tech, not being tech savy.

carry on! :mug:

I'd also like to add that the startup costs for a brewery are insane. I have had 2 friends each start their own in the last 5 years and both had to rent the space, set up all the equipment, and pay rent for over a year before all the licensing and inspections were done.

Mell,

This isn't sarcastic, or meant to be mean, or any of the other things that have bothered you here. It's meant to be kind.

Don't do it. The failure rate of any business is astronomical, this business very high on that list, you don't yet brew with any technical knowledge behind you, you've admitted this isn't your passion, you've admitted you don't have a serious amount of cash either for needed further capitalization or to sustain yourself through the long period - could be years - to profitability, if you attain that at all.

All these things tell me anyway, you're going to get badly hurt by this, and I hate to see it happen to anyone. This is from an ignorant food sentimentalist (j/k) who owned, and lost, an upscale restaurant. Everyone's different, of course, but for us, took years to start letting go of the pain.

All the above said, if you decide you want to do it, you've my best wishes. With that decision, the only thing I'd say, is dive into it with every fibre of your being and don't look back.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Was ‘submit’ supposed to be what you said that caused your phone to post that?

Was ‘submit’ supposed to be what you said that caused your phone to post that?

Ooh...good catch.

Hey, Google. can you sniff out a troll and make him go to another forum? Also, what's the weather supposed to be like to day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back