serving beer, wine, and cider with one setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

physics911

Reaction score
Good morning all.

I've got a little bit of brewing and wine making under my belt and am tired of bottling, which means, of course, I am about to jump into the kegging pool.

I was hoping to get input from those with experience regarding the setup I would like to have.

My goal is to be able to serve wine, cider, and beer out of one setup.
Ideally I do not want to have both a nitrogen bottle and a CO2 bottle.

Here is what I was thinking - please weigh in and let me know what I haven't considered or am getting wrong.

Let's say 6 corny's to start with (2 beer, 2 wine, 2 cider)
A three faucet tower
10# CO2
Dual gauge regulator and two secondary regulators
Keezer
All of the requisite connectors, lines, etc.

I was hoping to set the first reg at 10-12 psi for the beer, 8 or so for the cider (light carbonation), and down around 4 or so for the wine (no perceptible carb). And with multiple kegs of each, swapping out as my tastes change.

Workable?

Thank you,
Chris

Doesn't seem that unlike what I plan on - up to four kegs of beer (only at two now) with a dual regulator. So, I could run two different pressures - once I have the four, I think I'd either split each output for a 2x2, or split one three ways, so three beers at one setting (probably 12psi for a medium level) and the fourth either high (16-18) or low (8). I have several liquid lines pre-cut with fittings to different lengths depending on my chosen pressure levels, so once I've decided what the level will be for a newly-kegged beer, I just pull out the appropriate length line and hook it up.

Yes, that works!

I have a similar set up, except I keep my reds next to the kegerator, at a cool-ish room temperature and have 0 pressure on them and I add just enough c02 to push them when needed.

I know many other winemakers will use argon to push the wine so it doesn't carb, but I've been doing this for several years, and it works fine for our needs. I just grab a decanter at dinner time, and go get the wine and set it on the table in a lovely decanter.

The main potential issue that I can think of is the fact that if you make red wine it will be served at beer temperatures.

Back