Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd38

Reaction score
Today when I get home I am planning to rack my beer to my secondary or Brite Tank I believe forgive me if im wrong still a noob. Anyways I remember now that I dont have an airlock for the glass carboy just this orange cap thing with two stems on it can someone please direct me to right post or something as to what I need or how to use that cap.

You put the orange cap on, remove the cover from one of the stems, and put an airlock in the stem.

On the orange cap, I just put my airlock in the larger, center hole, and leave the white cap on the smaller angled hole.

If you don't have an airlock, I'd recommend putting a sanitized piece of tubing into a jar filled with cheap vodka.

ok next question what can I use in my airlock instead of vodka, is the sanitizer mix in water still ok

Sanitizer mix is fine. Tap water is fine. Since it's the secondary, you shouldn't have any blow-off.

Use sanitizer solution or vodka. You shouldn't really use regular tap water because it could infect your batch if there is some suck back.

Back