Secondary regulator assisstance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyb85

Reaction score
Hey so I just bought 4 Cornelius secondary regs off the market

image-1148145810.jpg

I removed the barbs and valves.

image-817568046.jpg

I'm going to put MFL valves on and I want to make them a unibody style. Do I need to buy a special connector or can I go to Home Depot and buy a brass connection that fits?

1/4" NPT pipe nipples should work, but the question is whether you need right hand thread, left hand thread, or right hand on one end and left on the other. Your local hardware store will have the RHT for sure, but may or may not have LHT or RHTxLHT. I know the high pressure ports on cornelius primaries are left hand, but I'm not sure if those are the same bodies or not.

Looking at the first picture you posted, you have barbed fittings in each side of the regulators. You should be able to look at the threads of these fittings and see what kind of threads you need. At the very least, looking at the threads of the barbs will tell you that they are either all right hand thread, all left hand thread, or half right hand and half left hand thread.
Then you should be able to take a regular bolt -- to see what a right hand thread is like -- and determine if they are right hand or left hand (in the event that they are all the same) or where the right hand or left hand threads go (in the event that the threads are mixed).

Just be careful that you don't do any thing to destroy the threads in the regulators.

I hope that this helps.

Mark

Yeah it looks like they are all RHT

image-2276699269.jpg

I'm going to head to Home Depot tomorrow to see if I can go get some nipples and a plug. Can the inlet be on the left or does it have to go in from the right?

Latest posts

Back