Secondary lager fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I racked my 2 week old dortmunder into a carboy a few days ago and haven't seen any activity in the airlock since. I checked the gravity and it's reached FG.

Right now it's sitting in the garage at about 35 degrees, but I'm worried that there's no activity.

This is my first lager, so, is this normal? The recipe I have has it sitting for 3 weeks, but I'm wondering if it got too cold at night.

What exactly are you looking for? If it hit FG then it's done fermenting and you are in the lagering phase @ 35F.

I don't think lagers are normal, so no comment on that question. LOL

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking, but didn't want to wait 3 weeks to find out that something went wrong.

Thanks for the nearly instant reply :)

BrunswickBrewing said:
Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking, but didn't want to wait 3 weeks to find out that something went wrong.

Thanks for the nearly instant reply :)

As per previous comment it's fine just lagering at the moment it'll b fine I was in the same boat as u on my first lager and it turned out super but 1 question only 3 weeks lagering i usually leave mine for about 6-8 weeks

Back