Second brew, huge success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crudes

Reaction score
My first brew was a German Altbier that I bought at my LHBS with my whole kit. It ended up pretty decent, but i was a bit underwhelmed.

Then I ordered this, a Summit IPA from Austin Homebrew http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=10765 and was blown away. I did a mini-mash DME and kept it in the primary for 3 weeks, then dry-hopped (in the primary) with 1 oz of Amarillo for 10 days, and bottled 7 days ago. Hit my goal of approx 7% ABV too.

Threw one in the fridge for a few hours last night and gave it a taste. :rockin:. Its definitely a little premature, but even so it was one of the best IPA's I've ever had the pleasure of drinking and I can't wait for it to only get better. This beer won't last long around my friends but I'm definitely hiding a few in the closet to stumble upon sometime several months from now.

Next up is a Corsendonk Pale Ale clone, and a Honey Wheat.

No real point to this post, I just wanted to share my success and promote a really, really good IPA.

thats awsome, good job! I too have problems hiding my brews from roomates/friends haha.

Im going to do a mini-mash from AHB next. I was thinking about going with their Yuengling or Red Stripe clone recipe.

Back