Sealing a hole in rear of kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deam

Reaction score
I want to punch out a hole in the back of my kegerator so I can keep the C02 tank outside and just run the gas line in. There's already a spot pre-designated for this, filled with a material different from the plastic/metal/insulation/whatever-else-the-fridge-is-made-with.

My question is, what's the best material to use to seal the space that will be left between the gas line and this hole? If someone could link me to what they've used that would be especially helpful.

Thanks for the help!

I have holes in both of my beer fridges and my keezer for gas lines, temperature probes, and power to fans.

For the fridges with their inner liners, I sealed the hole on the outside of the sheet metal and the inside of the liner with silicone caulk.

For the keezer, all my lines enter through the rear edge of the lid, and the lid liner is a sieve (has a big cutout for the interior light fixture) so I just installed rubber grommets in the sheet metal that fit the tubes and wires tight and keeps them from getting nicked by the lid.

Cheers!

I just used some pvc foam insulation on mine, works fine and is easily removable.

images-2.jpg

_

I used rubber grommets that fit both the hole and the gas line tightly. But you can really use whatever as long as cold air can't get out and moisture can't get in. Take your pick, grommets, caulk, silicone, silly putty :D

Back