SE Wisconsin Cornelius Keg Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd take a few. I'll even pick them up, if we can account for them all and can come up with a way to get them delivered.

I would, but I just got a 3-pack for Christmas. If there's an extra one or two for pickup here in Milwaukee I might be convinced...

I am new to brewing so would only need 2 or 3 tops, and would be able to pick up for myself.

I'd be in for 3 or 4. I live in the Twin Cities, but I have a brother in Milwaukee that could pick them up for me.

Gedvondur and I almost got in on a similar deal with SuperLarry around the first of the year...apparently he has a giant stash of kegs and gets more all the time. I just got a couple more kegs so we're up to six...we might be good for a few more, though.

If there are kegs left I'd just as soon meet somewhere north of Milwaukee...perhaps in Super Larry's parking lot :) It might work out to have a second distribution site in parts north if you can't place all 25 kegs in homes in the SE part of the state.

Scotty_g said:
Gedvondur and I almost got in on a similar deal with SuperLarry around the first of the year...apparently he has a giant stash of kegs and gets more all the time.

Indeed he does. I drive past his place almost every day- he's got several pallets of them double stacked, and he get them in by the semi-load.

Scotty if you want some I could prolly meet you in Appleton. That'd give me an excuse to visit the Homebrew Market.:rockin:

The count is at 15 if everybody takes the minium of what they said. That is with out Bernie and Scotty. So we are kind of close to it but we just need to get a solid count down because at the max of the numbers we are at 21 minus Bernie and Scotty.

Larry got back to me the yesterday and said a pick up was fine. We need to call and set up a time. I did the Buy it Now on eBay today. But I still need to pay for them. I'll take care of that and you can just pay me. If we don't sell them all I'll see if my LHBS would like them.

I spoke with Gedvondur (my brew partner) and we're good for 2 kegs total if we can grab them from somewhere in the Fox Valley. I work in Kaukauna and can run south just about any night after work.

Short Drive said:
Larry got back to me the yesterday and said a pick up was fine. We need to call and set up a time. I did the Buy it Now on eBay today. But I still need to pay for them. I'll take care of that and you can just pay me. If we don't sell them all I'll see if my LHBS would like them.

Ok, does he need them picked up by a certain time??? I figure I could pick them up and drive them down to Milwaukee on the 29th, since we are all meeting then anyway. I could hand them off to one of you who are in the area and they could be distributed from there. Except for Scotty's of course, which I would have to take to Appleton. Or maybe Yooper could deliver them on her way home. Scotty lives in DePere, pretty much right on her way. Sorry Yoops I didn't mean to volunteer you, if you can't do it it's no problem at all.

Bernie Brewer said:
Ok, does he need them picked up by a certain time??? I figure I could pick them up and drive them down to Milwaukee on the 29th, since we are all meeting then anyway. I could hand them off to one of you who are in the area and they could be distributed from there. Except for Scotty's of course, which I would have to take to Appleton. Or maybe Yooper could deliver them on her way home. Scotty lives in DePere, pretty much right on her way. Sorry Yoops I didn't mean to volunteer you, if you can't do it it's no problem at all.

I can go through Appleton or DePere on my way home on March 2, no problem at all. I'd be glad to do that.

sause said:
The count is at 15 if everybody takes the minium of what they said. That is with out Bernie and Scotty. So we are kind of close to it but we just need to get a solid count down because at the max of the numbers we are at 21 minus Bernie and Scotty.

Put me down for three...................

I can pick up 2 or 3 from the fox valley area as well, my father lives in appleton and works in green bay, my mother works in neenah if any of those places works for people

I picked up the cornies today. They are safely tucked into the back of my truck! :ban:

Thanks to Short Drive for taking the bull by the balls and getting this going, and for paying up front- I wouldn't have had the courage to do that! :rockin:

If it's OK with you SD, I'll just pay you on the 29th when I see you. If you need it sooner let me know and I'll be happy to PayPal it to you.:)

PMs have been sent to Scotty_g and Hopsmeister in the hope that we can arrange a Valley delivery also. If I deliver any to them, I'll bring their $$ down on the 29th also. Thanks again, Short Drive!!!!:mug:

Hand off is scheduled for Feb 29th. at 7:00 at the Palm Tavern 2989 S. Kinnickinnic Ave. I have PM'ed some of you.

If anyone else in the Milwaukee area needs kegs. They are $14 ea. PM me and we will see all of you soon.

Short Drive, If that offer exends below the state line by a few miles, I'm interested in some additional kegs. It will be a few weeks before I make it up toward the Racine area, but could send a check or money order if you are willing to hold a few for me.
Take care,
Dave

Cookiebaggs said:
Nothing like cheap cornies to bring out the lerkers! :D

Spent a lot of time reading on here while researching keezer plans- can't pass up some cheap cornies, had to come out from the shadows. :D

Hey Short Drive! I can't believe I missed this thread! There would not happen to be any unclaimed super cheap cornies left would there? Plus a trip to the Palm on top, sounds to good to be true. Let me know if any are yet unspoken for.

Cheers

Beischer said:
Short Drive, If that offer exends below the state line by a few miles, I'm interested in some additional kegs. It will be a few weeks before I make it up toward the Racine area, but could send a check or money order if you are willing to hold a few for me.
Take care,
Dave

I dunno if he has any but you should know that there is a border-crossing charge of about $50 per keg. Sorry, rules is rules.

:D :D
J/K, o'course!

Are these gone? If not, let me know. I only have 2 and paid double that and am interested in a few more.

Boerderij Kabouter said:
Hey Short Drive! I can't believe I missed this thread! There would not happen to be any unclaimed super cheap cornies left would there? Plus a trip to the Palm on top, sounds to good to be true. Let me know if any are yet unspoken for.

Cheers

Even if you couldn't get kegs you might want to come visit us that night. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=55042

I wanted to thank Bernie again for making the trip up to share a couple pints and hand over the kegs to me tonight, and also to Short Drive for getting the whole thing off the ground. I appreciate it!

Next time you guys get up to the Green Bay / Appleton area, I owe you one.

Not a problem. Always good to meet new board members and tip a few. I hadn't been to the Stone Cellar in years, since before it changed hands. I tried three of their brews, all excellent: Knock Your Socks Off Bock, Grand Cru Belgian (My favorite) and Scottish Ale. Good stuff. And Scotty_g and Gedvondur are great guys, too. They like to fill soup cans with concrete and shoot them across lakes. That's awesome!

Bernie Brewer said:
I dunno if he has any but you should know that there is a border-crossing charge of about $50 per keg. Sorry, rules is rules.

:D :D
J/K, o'course!

Bernie, :D Lets waive the border fee. For the record, I'm a transplant- I moved below the chedder curtain 10 years ago for a job. All the family still lives in Watertown, Oconomowoc, Mukwonago and Waukesha... I spend as many weekends in WI as I do IL.;)

i'd be willing to drive in from madison for 4 kegs...but they are probably ball lock kegs.?

I do the pin-lock thing, ya know. Seems not many of us out there...

uuurang said:
i'd be willing to drive in from madison for 4 kegs...but they are probably ball lock kegs.?

I do the pin-lock thing, ya know. Seems not many of us out there...

Yup, ball- locks. Stop in for a pint anyway!

Hey! I live in S E Wisc! ..... and I could use some cheap Corny kegs!
Looks like I'm about 5 weeks late ......
Let me know if you are going to make another deal like this.
shades.gif
thumbs.gif

Back