SE Mass - 60 Gal.: Turbid Mash Lambic Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just absolutely refuse to lose the "might" crap don't you?

Cones will be purchased and strategically placed. Have no fear. Just try not to kill my trees this time.

Boot winner = Impy Rye Wit

Had Avery's double wit the other day and it's a solid... solid beer. Perfect for a hot summer day and at 7.5%, it'll make you fall down reasonably quick. Add the hint a rye I went with and it's gonna be chock full o' win.

And if that doesn't do it... IIIPA hop monster.... or the Kolsch... or that solid Hefe I gots done. Or maybe the Centennial/Simcoe IPA. Hmm, the Irish Red kicked or that probably could have won as well.

all of you boot are belong to me!

OH *^&%!!! Actually... I'm not winning ANYTHING if PTN brings the Strawberry Port.

damn. Now I sad.

I'll bring the chainsaw.

Continuous hopped IPA is fecking MINT

I can knock out a fresh Hefe too.......... Hefe/Hot weather/Votes

No time for the Darkness, I aint brewing that again until I have a 2nd/3rd generation of US-05

A Wit to get some votes from teh ladiez.................?

Ain't no ladies with a vote... except Butlah.. Hey, she paid her dues... she gets vote.

Actually... Marianne.

Kidding aside, the Avery WAS a really good beer. I'm just hoping mine comes anywhere close to that since it was an experimental.

I'm done though. I'm outta time and can't do anything else before the cookout.

You just hope someone is there to catch you when you fall off your brew rig.

Again.

PTN

Nobody caught me when I fell off last time, but there were plenty of people watching and laughing. I learned a lesson that day: when I do fall off, make sure that I aim for the nurse to land on. Said nurse has plenty of cushion to pad my landing.

Hey, I offered to 'concentrate' that stuff at the big boys brew day but 'someone' thought he was going to be hosting another episode of "American Idol- Brewers Edition."

PTN

HAAA!!!!!

(From Kung-fu): "Grasshoppah, you must *CONCENTRATE*!!!!"

Don't worry about it anyways, Babalu, no harm no foul. I kinda got a kick out of that whole sit-she-a-shun! Let's face it, it needed to be said. "Shut up already."

That said, I'll pass along your Kissinger moment and you two can kiss and make up should the chance arrive.

PTN

Lambi cis looking like a lambic. No pelicle yet... believe it or not the thing is still blowin' big bubbles of what looks like "straight fermentation". I popped the plug on the top of the barrel a couple of nights ago just to look and all I could see was huge bubbles still.

which... totally took me by surprise because I thought that thing would have been UBER flat.

Maybe the lacto tossing up some CO2?

Is it at all sour? Has it got an edge? Tart? Piquant? Biting? Bracing? Acerbic?

(Yes, I understand that those are all adjectives that some less enlightened people could use to describe me but that's not really relevant.)

Are the resident bugs doing anything at all or should we drop $25 in a few smack-packs?

PTN

(Dear God, I brewed with the village idiot!)

Are you effin' serious? honestly?

We dumped half a dozen smack-packs of Lambic blend into a barrel that was ALREADY buggified and after BARELY a freakin' month in the barrel you're actually concerned that we might have to add more bugs?

Really?

Is that what you're trying to say?

Did a group of gang members take turns beating you with the stupid-shovel this morning or something?

Tell me your drunk. Please.

Are you effin' serious? honestly?

Did a group of gang members take turns beating you with the stupid-shovel this morning or something?

Tell me your drunk. Please.

Na, just wicked, wicked tired when I wrote that. I'd honestly forgot that we had added the smack packs and in my sleep deprived brain I had us relying on just what was in the wood.

Never mind.

Ya, I'm a tahd. I could have passed up seeing these things to hang out with you two rejects.

PIC_0041.jpg

PIC_0021.jpg

PIC_0045.jpg

PIC_0048.jpg

PIC_0051.jpg

Yup, you're right. I'm a tahd. And I'm OK with that.

PTN

240 pounds of pig... CRUSHED
40 burgers... CRUSHED
24 dogs... CRUSHED
pounds and pounds of different sausage including my andouille... CRUSHED

NINETEEN taps running!

The most epic slip and slide ever created by man.

You missed it dude. You can swim with all the little fishies you want but you missed it.

Das ok. I made it a point to stop at every single BBQ joint we passed. I lost track at 16, I think we hit over 20 but I was in a vinegar induced haze by Saturday afternoon. Hands down winner for 'Chopped BBQ Sammy' was the gas station on the side of a two lane road in East *******, NC. He also had the best greens and the best sauce. 'Best ribs' went to a dude selling Q at a county fair in West Virginia. "Best Chicken was about half way up the Blue Ridge Parkway, I forget exactly where. By yesterday Al was cursing me when I said the word BBQ.

PTN

240 pounds of pig... CRUSHED
40 burgers... CRUSHED
24 dogs... CRUSHED
pounds and pounds of different sausage including my andouille... CRUSHED

NINETEEN taps running!

The most epic slip and slide ever created by man.

You missed it dude. You can swim with all the little fishies you want but you missed it.

2 ribs broken

PTN, a Nurse Shark.................. ROFLMAO........ow..my ribs hurt

Just putting the finishing touches on 3 gallons of BBQ sauce. I put the rub together earlier and it will get rubbed into the ribs later. The chix will go into the brine at midnight. Just have to chop a few logs for kindling so I can get Bertha going early in the am. Time to rack off the Jello and pour myself a cold one.

PTN

Back