Scored a keg for $20!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpjay2000

Reaction score
Yup, I found a half barrel keg on Craigslist for 20 bucks. Now..... how the heck do I turn this thing into a keggle? I saw a couple old threads but was wondering if anyone has come up with a better way to skin that cat lately.

Mpjay

What the other posters said as far as conversion.

I don't want to be a spoil sport but that keg is most likely stolen. Do an search for for return deposit and keg and you will get a bunch of threads about this. It's just a moral thing on my part, its a great score for sure.

What the other posters said as far as conversion.

I don't want to be a spoil sport but that keg is most likely stolen. Do an search for for return deposit and keg and you will get a bunch of threads about this. It's just a moral thing on my part, its a great score for sure.

Ug someone lost the deposit

Ug someone lost the deposit

Actually a brewer lost a keg. The deposit does not cover the cost of the keg. I believe the deposit price is set by politicians and therefore it can't be set high enough to cover replacing the keg.

It's may seem funny, when buy your next beer you are paying for that keg. Even if you homebrew you still buy or have bought beer at some time.

Actually a brewer lost a keg. The deposit does not cover the cost of the keg. I believe the deposit price is set by politicians and therefore it can't be set high enough to cover replacing the keg.

Hence why it's illegal, at least where I'm from, for scrap metal businesses to buy kegs from anybody other than a licensed distributor.

Back