saving my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeekysheep

Reaction score
so i was messing around with some stuff and did a plain low hopped beer really just sparging and practicing lowering and raising mash temps. then I figured i would sparge as long as i could and collect the run off seperate to seen how it ended up.

long story short when i mixed them back together i must have put one of the wrong buckets in because my beer ended up with a harsh flavor. i only drank one and i have had the rest sitting down stairs for about 2 months now. then today i had a thought. CAN BRETT SAVE MY BEER. the brett strain does some interesting stuff and if i remember correctly will even remove tannins if if i was to take my beer add some wort mainly to build another co2 layer above the beer then add some brett could i get a drinkable beer.

I understand that uncapping and pouring it out is not a good thing but what do i have to loose. any thoughts

Have you tried one now that it's been a couple of months? Time helps cure a lot of beer problems.

i will throw one in the fridge and let to know tomorrow, but i'm not sure that taste will mellow. i am more interested if anyone thinks brett might help.

Back