Sanyo BC-1206 rattling noise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davedrass

Reaction score
Hello All!

I took delivery of a Sanyo BC-1206-2 kegorator from the Beverage Factory about 10 days ago. When I plugged it in the compressor made an aweful rattling noise. It sounds like there is a bolt free inside the black round thing at the top of the fridge. It's loud enough to make it impossible to be in the same room as the thing without going nuts!

I called Beverage Factory the day after it was delivered. They said it was a warranty issue and that Sanyo would have to send someone out to look at it. I followed up with them every day last week to find out when the repair guy was coming. They said that they were waiting to hear back from Sanyo.

I called Sanyo directly on Friday and discovered that the reason it hasn't been repaired is because of the Sanyo/Panasonic merger. The repair guys will not work on Sanyo products because they are not sure they will get paid. The Sanyo customer service rep said that it could take up to a few months to be resolved.

I called the beverage factory again this morning and they said that they finally heard back from Sanyo. Sanyo confirmed the same story about the service guys that I got in my call. They asked Beverage Factory to send a copy of the invoice to confirm the purchase. I asked what the next step after that was and Beverage Factory had no idea.

What should I do?

figure out exactly what the recall was and address it that way. hopefully it is a loose/incorrect bolt somewhere that you can do your self and avoid the hassle

it might cost u some bucks and time but in the end your headache will be gone...

Latest posts

Back