Ever have a day where Mr. Murphy won't get off your back?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigken462

Reaction score
I ordered some kegerator parts last week that I'm needing for a fridge conversion. The initial tracking was spot on and it was set for delivery today so I arranged for a friend to help me with this build. He was as excited as I was and so we both took a day off from work to kick this thing out tonight.

After making a mess digging out foam insulation from the fridge top, I'm taking it easy thinking about trying to grab a quick nappy before my friend was to come over. Fedex usually runs early here, so I was just Billy-bopin around the house when my phone chirps notifying me that Fedex has delivered my package. I'm thinking hummm, that's odd, I didn't hear the bell ring or anyone pull up. I take a peek outside and NOTHING. Initially I'm thinking Fedex has screwed me over again so I give them a call quickly so the driver can turn on his heels and go get the package.

Turns out they delivered it to exactly the place listed on the shipping label and told me I would have to contact the sender since it was a error from the person who printed the shipping label. I pleaded with them, just go get the damn package and send it to me which was listed on my sales receipt. I never stood a chance with that fight.

So I call the sender who I will refrain from saying just yet to notify them of whats going on. A guy answers, I tell him everything and he's quick to advise me that they would send me another order, but it will be 2-3 days etc. He was not even trying to make things right. Actually said.....This is what we are doing period!

I was not about to accept that when all they needed to do was give Fedex a fast call since it was at the time less that 30 minutes. Eventually I seen I was not getting nowhere with the fella and asked for a supervisor.

I did make some headway the supervisor and he called the shipping company to see what they could do. Yeah, they would pick it up, but it would be 2 days minimum before I would receive it. I'm like, REALLY, you've got to be F'in kidding me.

Seeing I had nothing to loose, I showered up and googled the address and when I seen where it was, my heart sank. Right smack dab in the middle of high class, multi million dollar lake homes. No way in hell was a fella going to be able to drive up and just retrieve his package and leave. Like I had any idea what I was going to do anyhow when I got there and found it. Lol

So I then decide I better shave before heading out, maybe throw some suds on the truck to wash the mud off lol. Heck I figured I would have the police called on me before I made it past the locked gate anyhow, but I was not going to throw my towel in yet.

From boat, I could have been to the place in 3-4 minutes, but I tell ya, it took no less than 45 minutes cutting through the lake back roads to get there. I could have almost hit his house with a rock from across the lake. Grrr.

Anyway, as I pull into the area, I see a family of 4 out walking their dogs. I briefly thought about driving on by and continuing my search for the house. I was definitely not in a area for a paramedic's budget and it was pretty obvious my truck didn't belong amongst the hummer's, vets and Lexus vehicles parked in the drives. Most of these homes has more square footage in their spare bedroom than my 2000 square foot house. Anyway, I stop and ask the family if they were familiar with the address and what I was trying to recover. Turns out, the man was the neighbor of the home I was trying to locate - his summer home no less. I could tell he was a bit skeptical to just send me on my way, yeah, sure.......Go on down there and get your package. Yeah right. Lol

He looked over the papers I had, and felt comfortable enough riding with me to his house to locate his neighbors business phone. Long story short, I was able to recover the package.

So I get home, tired as hell from working all night long, still frustrated that over two hours of my time was spend recovering a package that was sent to the wrong address by some careless shipping clerk.

I open the package up, and start to assemble things. It was a beautiful double tap, chrome all the way around tower. All looked good except one of the shanks was bent. I'm like...........Really, what next, a busted damn hose? Yeah ok, I cussed some more, actually I cussed a bunch.

So I call the shipping supervisor back up, followed by a e-mail and picture with the bent shank and proceeded to make arraignments to get a replacement. Naturally, because of my location on the lake, I have ****ty Verizon service, add to that, my land line it out from some trees falling last night. After 2-3 calls, the guys agrees to send me the proper things to replace the shank. Yeah, I'm still pissed, but I can tell the man is trying to make things right so I hang up and and somewhat satisfied that my buddy and I can still mount the thing up tonight and just replace the shank later. Not that my day has already been ****ty enough, but I discover that there are no mounting hardware, screws, washers, gaskets, nothing..............Not even glue to mount the thing.

Three more calls later, I get one more box added to the shipment. I'm damn near ready to just toss the fridge, tower and all in the lake and just go buy a Budweiser and call it done.

I called my friend up, told him to cancel once more hoping that maybe he can get his shift back. As for me? Hell, I dunno. At least I have some cold homebrew to drink. I'm considering just taking my bedtime meds and crashing for the next 24 hours.

Just needed to vent a little, but dang it, I know people make mistakes, but what's the chances. Wrong address, damaged item, missing parts? All in the same order? Mr. Murphy can kiss my ass.

Two kegs, a C02 tank and some other goodies are supposed to be here tonight from UPS. I'm scared as hell to open the package.

Kenny

Back