Santa Rosa "Must See" Breweries / Pubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campbellmike

Reaction score
I'm headed to Santa Rosa on Friday and would like to know if there are any extraordinary places to see and brews to try. I have three full free days and I'm based at a hotel in Santa Rosa.

I have the usuals on my list, Russian River, Lagunitas, and Bear Republic.

Also, any bottles that are currently available to take home. I love all the Lagunitas brews and double IPAs are at the top of my wish list. Russian River is not available where I live and we have limited Bear Republic distribution.

Thanks for your input.

While the breweries aren't nearby, you should head to the liquor store and pick up bottles of Firestone Walker and Stone Enjoy By if you can.

Definitely try Fogbelt. It's a new brewery/pub on Cleveland Ave. Opened in February and making some tasty brews. They are only 7 barrel.. and the unusual part is that they are totally open fermenter. I'm a bit prejudiced. I help out there but don't do any actual brewing. All the beers are named after old growth BIG redwood trees. The new Screaming Titan is VERY tasty. Wednesday is specials all day on both beer and food.

Also, you might try the Tap Room at Whole Foods Market in Coddingtown.. just a few blocks north on the same road.. It's at the corner of Cleveland and Steele Ln in the Coddingtown Mall. They don't brew but they have rotating taps of great beers. In the same complex is BJ's. I've never been there though.

Definitely try Fogbelt. It's a new brewery/pub on Cleveland Ave. Opened in February and making some tasty brews. They are only 7 barrel.. and the unusual part is that they are totally open fermenter. I'm a bit prejudiced. I help out there but don't do any actual brewing. All the beers are named after old growth BIG redwood trees. The new Screaming Titan is VERY tasty. Wednesday is specials all day on both beer and food.

Also, you might try the Tap Room at Whole Foods Market in Coddingtown.. just a few blocks north on the same road.. It's at the corner of Cleveland and Steele Ln in the Coddingtown Mall. They don't brew but they have rotating taps of great beers. In the same complex is BJ's. I've never been there though.

A fellow Healdsburger! I was born and raised in Healdsburg. Been a few years since I've been back but my family still lives in town!

In regards to OP, you should make the trek down to SF and see Anchor. You've got the usual suspects on the list already!

Back