Sankey Keg to Corny Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cicada

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got what's probably a simple question but can't really figure it out.
I work in a coffee shop that has a 6 tap set up, all set up for commercial Sankey kegs that our distributor brings in. We've got a tap that's dedicated to our cold brew that we've got on tap. Right now we're just pouring our cold brew into one of our distributor's Sankey kegs, but are looking into buying some Cornys for simplicity and to be able to have some back stock.

What's involved in connecting a Corny to our system? Is it as simple as disconnecting my gas and beer lines from the coupler and plugging them in on the Corny? What kind of hardware do I need?

Thanks for any input that anyone could have

Depends if your kegs are pin lock or ball lock but your going to need a gas fitting and a liquid fitting for your corny kegs and a couple hose clamps to attach the lines but other than that it is pretty much as simple as taking the lines off your sankey fitting and swapping them like you said. I would get ball lock kegs if you have the option because they just seem to be more common and easier to find parts for imo. Not a bad idea to pick up an o-ring set and keg lube for your corny kegs. Last thing you need is to fill your keg and have an o-ring leak and no spare.

You will need the following.
Quick Disconnects (the Black and Grey things in the below picture, Ball lock pictured though Pin Lock is the other choice depending on the keg)
If your tubing is hard plumbed to the sankey coupler, you will need the rest. Flare adapters for the tubing, flare converters for the Sankey, and a couple hose clamps to ensure that your tubing does not come off.
41m%2BJlySAZL._SX466_.jpg

Just a FYI, here is the kit the picture was taken from on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007MCF7I4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Back