Sanitize gas lines/regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrankyOldLibrarian

Reaction score
Hi,

After about 15 years of bottling, I am going to keg two batches this weekend. I have gone through the forums and I think that I only have one question left:

Do you (or how often do you) clean and sanitize your regulator and gas lines?

Thanks!

you don't. CO2 gas won't contain any nasties to contaminate your beer.

you don't even need to clean your beer lines, unless you accidentally push beer back into your CO2 lines...which isn't real common (never put gas line on the liquid post...never let liquid level inside reach the bottom of the gas post).

You really just worry about the beer lines. some do em every brew, some only every few kegs. the beer is 'clean' of bugs and only flows one way, and you can push the last of hte old beer out and then start drawing the new beer. especially if you had a light beer on first, and then beer #2 is a darker or more flavorful beer.

whatever you do, never try to keg adn dispense rootbeer unless you dedicate a keg and a beer tap to it. very hard to get rid of rootbeer aromas.

Back