Sam's Club Turkey Fryer Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danath34

Reaction score
Did a brief search, and haven't seen anyone post this yet, but Sam's Club has a pretty sweet deal on turkey fryers right now. I just picked one up for $68 (guess my local price was actually less than online). It comes with a 9gal pot, burner, basket (which will be great for BIAB), basket puller (basically a hook to pull the basket without burning yourself), and a thermometer.

Now the two downsides are:
1) the pot is aluminum, not SS. But for me I don't care. I don't buy into the whole aluminum is bad thing, and already use an aluminum kettle. Plus aluminum heats up and transfers heat faster!

2) there is some weird 15 minute safety timer that supposedly turns it off if you don't reset the timer before it runs out. At most, a minor convenience. I'll be looking into disabling it myself.

3) BTU's aren't listed. But I assume they're adequate.

Just figured I'd post this up for any new brewer or any brewer trying to get off the stove top who happens to be on a budget.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/turkey-fryer-36-qt/prod14020059.ip

Back