Samichlaus brewcast started 9am 2/20/11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mashing went pretty well, I was close enough on the step temps that I wasn't angry with it. One of my steps was a little low so I overcompensated with extra water on the next step and that got it fairly well in line. I forgot to subtract that water from the sparge and overall ended up with 13.5g preboil instead of my more cautious target of 12. Not too bad, I put a fan on the pot and I have plenty of time to work it down. Been boiling for about half an hour now, 4.5h left. Time for some cleanup, keg cleaning, racking etc.

I took a rest after whirlpooling the trub and worked on some kegs for a few hours, had to clean a keg to rack a beer off my intended yeast cake. Finally got around to racking, 1.130 OG which was lower than desired by 9 points and lower yet than what I was expecting, but it was probably volume measuring inaccuracy. I'm quite happy with 130, as long as the yeast is.

Back