Saison Water Profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingLight

Reaction score
This is my first saison since I started doing water adjustments. Based on my research and what I want out of the beer, I wanted the sulfates around 100 for a dry finish, and around 25-50 CaCl. I tweaked around my Bru'n sheet to get what I want. I just want to make sure it all looks good. Particularly, I want to make sure I don't need to be concerned about that negative 92 bicarb. See attached.

Saison Water Profile.jpg

I think I just posted on your blueberry saison recipe thread. Water profile looks decent. You're using 3711 right? Getting a dry finish on that stuff is hard due to that slick mouthfeel it tends to have. Sugar from those blueberries you're adding might help lighten the body and dry it out a bit, but you could also sub in 5% or so of regular old table sugar to counter the 3711 slickness.

I think I just posted on your blueberry saison recipe thread. Water profile looks decent. You're using 3711 right? Getting a dry finish on that stuff is hard due to that slick mouthfeel it tends to have. Sugar from those blueberries you're adding might help lighten the body and dry it out a bit, but you could also sub in 5% or so of regular old table sugar to counter the 3711 slickness.

Yeah man, thanks. I used 3711 on the last saison and it was dry as a damn bone. First beer I've ever had finish at 1.000. I like my saisons dry. I didn't notice a slick mouthfeel on the raspberry one I did with 3711.

Latest posts

Back