Safe to drill here? Kenmore kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tprokop

Reaction score
Hi folks - can anyone help confirm that it's safe to drill where I've ciricled on my kegerator? I need to make two 1/2" holes to run CO2 and water lines into the kegerator.

Seems that both the cooling and heat exchange coils are mounted externally here, so I don't think there should be anything embedded in the fridge body itself. Does that make sense, or is there a risk there are also lines in the walls?

The spots I'd like to drill are circled in red (inside and out). The kegerator is a Kenmore Model No: 564.91509990 in case it matters.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• fridge1.JPG
    fridge1.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 22
  • fridge2.JPG
    fridge2.JPG
    288.9 KB · Views: 22
Looking at the diagram provided here...

1620701413924.png

...if you look closely at the loop of tubing that connects the cold plate to the compressor it matches up with your first picture.

1620701777114.png

That's good because if you drill through your chosen spot you should totally miss anything vital - as long as you don't hole the condenser grid hanging on the back :D

Cheers!

Back