Rye beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatoRailBrewery

Reaction score
Need a rye beer recipe. Thinkin med body, maybe a zest of lime. Lagered perhaps, higher grav? Ready for late spring early summer?? I have an extra carboy and a large dorm fridge idle..... :(

Would you make it again?? I dig rye whiskey and the real ale pale rye ale (drinking now) isn't exactly what I want, but I think it's a body issue, pretty thin. The spiciness is kickin, thinkin rye, carapils, base malt??. Hops (variety.....schedule?) test batch a lime zest gallon, (worst come to worst use it for mexi rye fajitas). Thanks for the further research option :)

Yeah, I'm going to do it again. Let me pull up the recipe here. RP was 1.069, 82IBUs, 10.2SRM, and 7%ABV

Rye, Carared and 2-row. Admiral, Palisade, and Summit hops. I think this would taste good with some lime or citrus. I might do it with some citra next time.

Latest posts

Back