Running out of homebrew... =(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouslyyours

Reaction score
Hello All,

This is my first post..... I am new to homebrewing, but have enjoyed it so far. I am sitting here drinking my second to last refrigerated homebrew reading about brewing, and i realized how dangerously close i am to being totally out... ouch. I have to wait at least 5 more days before any of my bottled beer will be ready to taste, and as a person who likes to have at least one beer a night, i find this troubling.

I recently discovered that i enjoy "aromatic" ales quite a bit. Since i will be running out of homebrew tonight, does anyone have any suggestions for some good ale i might be able to find in KY?

I am still quite the beer newbie, and want to indulge my palate in some different things to really discover what i like. I am not into extremely bitter beers, but other than that, anything goes.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Dude you live in Crestwood go to the Liquor Barn up on Hurstborne and get some Jefferson Bourbon Barrel ale or even some Kentucky Ale. The Liquor barn even sales Growlers of beer. They have hundreds of craft brews. Make a trip they have tastings on Friday after 5

Welcome to the obsession!

There are tons of styles of beer that are very aromatic. On the hop-forward end of the spectrum, you have mostly IPAs and pale ales. You might start with pale ales as IPAs tend to be on the bitter side (they'll grow on ya).

Belgian beers tend to be on the malty end of the spectrum, but can also be very aromatic. Typically fruity or spicy depending on the style. You might try Chimay Grand Reserve (blue label), any of Ommegang's beers, maredsous, westmalle, unibrou..etc. They're all awesome.

I love the Kentucky beers from Lexington unfortantly I can't get them here in Florida. I also pick up some of the KY wines when I am in the area.

I haven't really tried much out there... I'm definitely going to try BBC, and go grab some bottled craft brews from the store (today). Thanks for the suggestions.

I have only been brewing for a couple months, and just finally have my rotation set up so i will never run dry again..... sadly i still have to wait 4 more days.... but then i should have about 60 liters ready..... I'm sure that is small scale for some people, but it will last me a good month, maybe a month and a half.

Latest posts

Back