Rubberized Miller Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfieBrew

Reaction score
I was looking for information about my rubber miller keg. i found a thread below:

http://www.micromatic.com/forum/us-...gement/1268-returnable-plastic-kegs-bars.html

"The 'Rubberized' kegs that you see in the SAB Miller fleet are not plastic, they are a standard stainless steel shell, they have just been coated in rubber."

Does this mean that, under the rubber coating, this is a standard miller keg. I want to strip the rubber and use for a keggle. I just want to make sure that it isn't a thinner interior material, in which case I will try to trade someone on craigslist.

1610-img-20101204-230038.jpg

We use those rubberized kegs at rogue and underneath is stainless steel, but it is rounded on the bottom and would not have a sturdy base like most other keggles. The steel is thick enough to use but unless you can solve the base problem I would try to find a regular SS keg to boil in. If you wanted to save it for a mash/lauter tun it would work great at insulating mash, but you would not be able to do step mashes. Single infusion mashes would be perfect.

Back