Rubber Keg use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got a lot of leeway if you don't have to pay shipping... I'd start with $40 and be happy if I brought it in for under $75. That's if it is functional, holds pressure, etc... oh yeah... you're still looking for a boil kettle... Nevermind. It doesn't need to hold pressure, just be free of holes.

Plus, if you're making a BK, that'll give you an extra valve stem, so you can have one cut, and one un-cut.

Used kegs typically sell for a little less than what the stores in the area charge for a deposit. Around here that equates to $20-$35, but if kegged beer isn't sold in your area, I have no idea what a fair price would be. Brand new 1/2 bbl kegs sell for ~$90-$100 plus shipping, so I would definately pay less than that.

Doesn't hurt to start low. I haven't bought any used kegs locally, so my estimate may have been a little high.

Latest posts

Back