Round coke rechargeable cooler as a Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfish

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase a rechargeable round fridge/cooler. I have seen several (red bull and others) used for fermentors. I think it would work well for a mobile kegerator, as the cooler is suppose to keep 35-40 degrees for 12 hours while unplugged. My use would be similar to jockey box use (parties and festivals). The make/model is IDW CRM-77 and here are the specs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1pfvhzp2tm8ucl/qs-CokeVisID-rcm.pdf?dl=0

My biggest concern is the actually recharge system. Does it really continue to cool for 12 hours after unplugging…I assume some type of battery controls, so how do I test the strength of the battery. I assume it uses a fan in the bottom, any clearance issues with a keg (pin locks for me, both 5 and 3-gallon).

IMG_0820.jpg

My only guess is from what i gathered from the tech specs on the linked pdf.

It says [email protected] amps but nothing about battery size or charging rate etc.

I would venture to guess the "charging" is getting the 120 lb unit plus the mass of the contents down to temp and that maintains through out the day. Like recharging your water bottles in your freezer for your swamp cooler.

Have you tried emailing or calling idw? Ask for a wiring diagram and that should tell you for sure.

Back