Rough CU FT for 4 corny's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkeb74

Reaction score
I've been looking around for a cheaper freezer unit on craigslist/ebay/etc. I was wondering what's a rough estimate to to accommodate at least 4 corny's. I've found a few 7.0's , random 14.8 in good condition for 100, just a lot to choose from.

7.0 cft isn't enough for 4. Tight for 3.
My recommendation is to trace the bottom of a corny onto 4 pieces of cardboard and cut them out. When you go look at the cooler, bring your 4 discs with you.
If the 4 will fit, your 4 cornies will fit.

Edit: Some of the guys apparently do have 7s that'll fit 4 cornies without modifying.
I'll change my post to say it depends on the model.

That's what I was thinking with the 7's.

Saw this and got a little hope
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ge-7-cf-fcm7suww-keezer-conversion-192208/

mail

That one has internal measurements of

28.75 inches height to bottom
25.75 inches wide
16.50 inches depth

Saw this one as well,

3kd3m63l35V25Y45Q5b1272651cc89c0218d6.jpg

it measures 35" wide by 33" high and 22" deep. , guessing those are external measurements

+1 for the tracing on cardbard; thats what I did. I have a 7.2 CUFT kenmore and I can get 3 cornies, a 5# co2 tank, plus a fermentation bucket and all my lines. Check my build if you'd like. I could have got 4 in there if i did a collar instead of my coffin (4th would have set on the hump). It all depends on what you want to do with your build

-1 for 7.0 isnt enough, depends on model, depends on build.

My recommendation is to trace the bottom of a corny onto 4 pieces of cardboard and cut them out. When you go look at the cooler, bring your 4 discs with you.

Edit: Some of the guys apparently do have 7s that'll fit 4 cornies without modifying.

Thanks for the info Kegtoe, your build looks great by the way!! I haven't seen many coffins....in fact it makes me really want a tower :D

I'll definitely cut out some circles for the smaller units I'm considering. I'm also just considering throwing down and looking at this 15 cu ft I found for almost the same price as the 7's, I'd have expansion room for anything at that point....and hell I have the space for it. Just might not in a year ;) Who knows. I'll eventually figure out what's best.

always expanding, thats what i find with this hobby. 3 cornies is fine for me but i often dream of 5 or 8 keg freezers. I just dont have the room, or the time to brew that often.

Good luck, if you have any other questions along the way, feel free to shoot me a PM.

14.8 for $100 is a great price. That's what I just scored off of CL. I haven't done the math yet, but I anticipate EASILY fitting 6 plus a 5 gal carboy. There is a guy on here with a 7.2 CU ft. who did a build thread. He got 4 cornies inside of his, but he had to put the 4th on the compressor hump, and build his collar tall enough to accommodate it. So I'm thikning that a 14 cu ft. should easily hold 6.

Not quiet sure what 7 cu ft freezer you've used, but my 7 cu ft fits 4. It is a tight squeeze, but it works.

My 7.0 cu ft. GE freezer fits 5 ball lock corny kegs with a 10" collar.

Back