Root Beer Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iswenson

Reaction score
I am wondering if anybody knows the yeast / ingredients to brew root beer. I am guessing it is different yeast as no alcohol is produced but I have no idea what to get.

BTW if anyone has a fully ingredient list / procedure list (including ferment time, secondary if necessary, bottling instructions etc) that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Check out the soda section of the forum... I believe you can use any yeast I believe most use champagne. But go there for more (better) assistance.

i used champagne when my son and i did it... it does make alcohol and i used a gram for 2.5 gallons... worked well. let sit for a few days, check the carbonation and when it gets to what you like, stick it in the fridge or else it'll keep fermenting.

The amount of alcohol created i the time it takes to get them carbed in minimal, I don't remember the amount, but something around 0.1%.

Right on thanks. FYI in the recipe section look under the ginger ale recipe by yooper for naturally carbing. The other recipes are for force carbing (kegging)

Back